Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall is Here - Part 2 - Old Walkerville Area, Oct. 24, 2012

    Well every Monday through Friday morning I drive my kids to school. They go to Walkerville Center for Creative Arts http://www.walkervillearts.com/ (High School) in the Old Walkerville area of Windsor.  At this time of the year with all the leaves changing on the old trees it is just beautiful.  So I had to bring the camera with me one morning and after dropping them off; drive through the area and take some shots.  Below is the best of them. I stopped first and took a few looking up one of the streets where the rows of town houses are. these were the townhouses build for the employees at the old Hiram Walkers Distillery.  The I stopped along the road next to St. Mary's Church and the graveyard.  I took a few around there and then into the park where the old Willistead Manor is located. Last I was driving around the streets and saw an older car parked on the side of the street in the neighborhood. It was a nice orange color contrasting the colors of the season. It just struck me and I had to take a few shots.  Looking at these it's hard not to "Remember When....." Walkerville was the center of activity in this area. Speaking of which if you are interested in the history of the area, check out this site http://www.walkervilletimes.com/boomyears.htm   They have done a great job a documenting the area.



















No comments:

Post a Comment